From traditional quartermaster to full-service logistics provider.
In 1932 Oscar Kraupner and Curt Eichholtz founded the quartermastering firm EICHHOLTZ & Cons. In Hamburg’s Warehouse City. This mainly stored and processed nuts, seeds and pulses.
St. Annenufer 2, Speicherstadt
In 1954 a branch was founded in Rotterdam for handling and processing goods. This now trades as a separate enterprise under the name VEBERO (Veredlings Bedrijf Rotterdamm).
Stieljestraat entrepot Rotterdamm
In 1970 Oscar’s son Rainer as a partner took over as head of EICHHOLTZ+Cons. To enhance space and efficiency, the bulk of its activities were transferred to various area storage systems, for example at Müggenburger Strasse – a site on the Peute area of the port. Adequate storage areas were available there for work involving pallet technology and forklifts.
Manual sorting on twelve tables
In addition to its base on the Peute, in 1989 EICHHOLTZ occupied most of Rosshafen, with an initial 30,000 square metres of shed and open-air space. Large, state-of-the art equipment was deployed here, in the development of which Rainer Kraupner had played a crucial part. He implemented his idea of transporting, storing and pouring raw coffee beans loose in bulk containers.
In the mid-1990s, Rainer Kraupner founded Bulcotrans Lagerei- und Umschlaggesellschaft m.b.H. With this Container Freight Station, including a container depot, EICHHOLTZ expanded its traditional market segment with a new core business.
Coffee- Bulk - Containerhandling
In summer 2001 EICHHOLTZ built a new 10,000-square-metre storage shed on Rosshafen, with a link to Container Terminal Tollerort (CTT). This enlarged total space at the Rosshafen Terminal to approx 100,000 square metres.
Construction of new 10,000-sqare-metre general cargo shed.
From October 2008 terminal expansion measures caused the surrender of the Rosshafen site, and foundation of EICHHOLTZ GMBH. Since then, the company has concentrated its activities at Müggenburger Strasse in the Peute, continuously investing in modernization and the highest standards of quality.
At the beginning of 2009, the 13,000-square-metre shed entered service with one of the most state-of-the-art refrigeration plants in Europe.
New cold storage facility
One highlight is the extension of the existing cleaning unit by an X-ray system in 2011.
New cleaning and sorting plant
To protect and the environment and its produce, in 2013 we converted our forklift fleet from diesel to electric propulsion.
Opening of this temperature-controlled shed with ceilings 12 metres high for rack storage.
New cold store
Entry into service of tubular bag machine facilitating fillings of 1-5 kg
Filling 5 kg units
Conversion to a multi-functional unit facilitating cleaning during re-bagging.
Wir feiern unser 90ig jähriges Jubiläum